DataVault Password Manager
- #: 10484
- Price: $9.99 In Apple Store
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 2010-12-14
- Current Version: 4.3.15
- Size: 9.80 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ascendo Inc.
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.2 or later
- © 2010 Ascendo Inc.
Add to Favorite apps
The Leading Password Manager for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch ❖ AES Encryption ❖ Backup & Restore ❖ Mac & Windows Desktop (sold separately) ❖ 2-Way Sync ❖ Advanced Security Options ❖ Universal ApplicationAscendo DataVault stores…..
What's New in Version 4.3.15
- Implemented synchronization with DataVault desktops using Mobile Me.
- Implemented synchronization with DataVault desktops using other WebDav servers; Box.net, Swissdisk.com, Gmx.net, MyDisk.se, MyDrive.ch
- Added Backup & restore using application file sharing (iOS 3.2 or above). Allows user to make multiple, dated backups and move them to & from desktop using iTunes.
- Added support for multi-tasking in iOS 4 allowing users to switch to another application, copy & paste DataVault contents, then switch back to DataVault without having to login.
- Improved timeout to support iOS4 multi-tasking. Please Note: Exiting and restarting DataVault will only require logging in if the inactivity delay has been exceeded.
- Implemented split-panel view on iPad. Displays list or tree of items on the left of screen and item details on the right.
- Implemented search settings to include field labels, field contents and memo field in addition to item name. User-defined for search performance optimization.
- Added user-defined setting for case sensitive search.
- Implemented security alert to send email with GPS location of device in case of failed login attempt.
- Improved in-app browsing of online user guide to include standard browser features like pinch & expand page.
- Added "Select Template" alert when user creates a new item.
- Improved auto-lock security setting so user can quit DataVault and return before end of inactivity delay without have to login.
- Added user setting to choose between 2D or 3D folders for tree display.
- Fixed issue causing list/tree not to appear if user selects wrong synchronization service.
- Corrected security timeout issue causing timeout to remain active after being disabled.
- Improved display of long notes.
- Added "DataVault" to Wi-Fi synchronization service header to make it easier for user to select the right service.
- Enhanced navigation to include improved sync server selection, better keyboard management, iPad button placement and tree display.
- Improved graphics including application icon and launch screen for iPhone 4, improvements to themes.
- Addition improvements including increasing the size of help text, caps lock management, removing references to pasteboard, ability to Cancel sync from device.
Rated 5/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Wow..BUY THIS APP!!
This app is awesome! Well worth the $10 I paid. I was looking for a secure app I could use to put ALL my sensitive data in, not just logins and passwords. I looked at several other apps like this and found them lacking in one way or another. Data vault is a true database and the input screens are fully customizable including the field labels. It is set up to store data in two main categories for business and personal info. I use Datavault for both work and home. I have put insurance info in this app along with info on my car like license plate & VIN, plus all my bank acct info, and even important info on family members. I have stored important info in a single entry on my elderly parents like their SSN's, medical insurance numbers, doctors and their contact numbers, list of medications and other info I would need in an emergency. There are lots of templates you can choose from which are great starting points for my data. I love that you don't have to use a particular template and instead start with a very generic form where I design all the fields. If I don't need a particular field then I can change the field name with what I want or just leave it blank. Once I save the form, the blank fields disappear so the record isn't cluttered with unused fields. I can easily go back in and edit the saved record. I bought the iPhone version and will soon buy the desktop version so I can back up my file and sync the two. I wanted the iPhone version because my phone is always with me so I will always have ready-access to my info when I need it. Extremely easy to use and it is a complete solution for my needs!
Best on iPhone, desktops sealed the deal for me
I tried a few free password managers and they were ok but I have a Windows box at work and Mac at home and I wanted my passwords synced on all of them. I liked the Datavault interface the best on iPhone but the new Mac desktop sealed it for me. It's not as good as the Windows version yet but it gets the job done. Now I've got my passwords on all three and lovin it. I appreciate the flexibility of using templates but being able to change the field labels whenever I want to. I also like the layout and graphics of Datavault but I guess that's a bit subjective. New sync options are tops. Most important thing for me is having a solid product on all my devices.
Definitely a Must-Have application!
Mike in Alpharetta write:
The only thing worse than writing your passwords down is using the same one over and over. Your entire online life at the mercy of the least secure place you use that password.
DataVault lets you store everything - from logons to credit card information to, well; just anything you want, really. You lock it up in an encrypted file and secure it with the only password you need to remember. Then you can just use different passwords for every site if you want, and make them as nasty as you wish. This is only really practical because you can sync DataVault from your iPad/Phone, laptop, desktop, or Mac. In other words, anywhere you need to remember a logon, you just open up DV and everything you need is right at your fingertips.
Don't leave home without it.
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes
Related to «DataVault Password Manager» applications
Password Book is an one point secure place on your device to keep all your passwords safe. Password book uses 128 bit AES CBC mode encryption.You can store passwords based on the category. For example… [more..]
Price: $1.99 |
"Password Caddy features a series of slick animations and sound effects through the app...These little touches make the relatively mundane task of securing your data actually fun." --… [more..]
Price: $1.99 |
Don't take risks with your passwords, account info, card numbers, or IDs. Keep them protected, secure, and easy to access in eWallet GO!™eWallet GO! is a streamlined, simple-to-use secure… [more..]
Price: $4.99 |
✭✭✭✭✭ Password Manager Pro is a password and data manager that offers a convenient and secure solution to store private information. Password Manager Pro will securely store your credits cards, user… [more..]
Price: $1.99 |
Manage all passwords from online to offline safely! All Password provides the convenient function which frees users from memorizing all accounts and passwords. Save important information such as… [more..]
Price: $1.99 |
How important are your passwords? Think about it. All your money, your bank accounts, financial info, health info, credit cards, insurance, and everything else you need to keep private is protected by… [more..]
Price: $9.99 |
Use My Eyes Only™ to safely store information like website logins and passwords, personal IDs, credit cards, membership cards, bank and financial account information and any personal notes you want to… [more..]
Price: $5.99 |
★★★★★ Free desktop backup/restore utility, mBackup, included with your purchase of mSecure for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad. ★★★★★mSecure is a password and data manager that offers a convenient and secure… [more..]
Price: $4.99 |
Keep all your important passwords at your fingertips at all times!This great app features an intuitive Apple user interface making it easy to store, access, and organize passwords, and other private… [more..]
Price: free |